Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Murder At The Flea Market

She carried the heavy chest
outside to get a better look.
The house was so dark this time of year.
The tin type pictures scattered amongst the leaves
 when she opened the chest.
She didn't realize that they had been tucked
underneath the Christmas ornaments.  
The hat was shoved to the back.
She hadn't seen it at first.
She had saved that hat all of these years.
Memories came flooding back
as she remembered:
With shaking hands she placed the hat
gently on her head.  
Softly, she smoothed her hair under the hat.
She took a deep breath as she headed out the door.
She was heading to 
the courtroom.
To the witness stand!
This was one memory she wished
that she could forget.
But she couldn't forget 
THIS!
The murder weapon.
The literal
smoking gun.

She remembers the prosecutor asking,

"Did you see who performed this heinous act?
DO YOU SEE THAT PERSON
 IN THIS COURTROOM?"

She did.
He was there.

It 

was



Colonel Mustard
in 
The Billiard Room
WITH
THE REVOLVER!!!!!
Don't you just love
this Clue necklace?
I got it at the flea market
from these folks:
Red Peacock Designs
Found the keys too.
Skeleton keys are getting harder to find.

In fact, everything from this
little story came
from the flea market
this weekend.
There's a lovely woman who sells
this beautiful
silk sari ribbon.  
She also sells on Etsy here.
I love, love, love this ribbon!
I also found this.
"Makes Old Things New"
That's what the label says.
I'm wondering
if it will
work on me.
I'll let you know.

As for "Murder At The Flea Market?"
I just wanted to grab your attention.
That's all.

15 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

I LOVE this post AND the "Clue" necklace. How cool that you came up with a great story to share as you showed us your treasures.

Hearts Turned said...

Wonderful, Kathy! Love the "Clue" necklace...how clever! And what a fabulous tale you wove to go along with it!

Hope you're having a beautiful night...

Julie

Into Vintage said...

I'll take two large bottles of Liquid Veneer to go, please. Oh, and a box of those ornaments. Which I've never seen before.

And who doesn't love a good mystery - very well done! :-)

Cameron said...

Fun post! Those keys are fantastic...and that ribbon....gorgeous! Nothing like that at Flea Markets around here :)

Terri Kahrs said...

If the liquid veneer works for you, I'll pay you good money for some so that I can douse myself in it!!! LOVE that ribbon - thank you for the link. And I LOVE this post - very fun!!! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Let us know how the facial goes!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Oh you got my attention. That was great. As a child I loved playing clue. I always had to be Miss Scarlet (that was silently understood by the rest of the family). LOL You really did very well at the Flea Market. I must check out some of your referrals. Let me know if the lotion works. I'll order a dozen bottles....Sharon PS thanks for the visit.

Suz said...

You did such a clever job with this post. I laughed! I love the Clue necklace...so clever! I have you o my Google Reader now. Don't want to forget your clever blog!

Suz

Wildflowerhouse said...

It's me again. Just wanted you to know I bought some silk sari ribbon. Thanks for the heads up. Just gorgeous stuff she has.

Shelly said...

Wonderful treasures! I've been thinking I need some of that silk sari ribbon for necklaces or something... hmmmm... (ok, I need it like I need a hole in my head but that's another story). Glad no one had to get murder-ized for your flea market finds. A good Halloween season headline though! :)

Carousel Dreams said...

Great post! You had me enthralled! And I've got to get me some of that 'Makes Old Things New' - still giggling...thankyou so much for visiting my little corner of the world, and for such lovely words - it's so nice to meet you x

Prior said...

ha ha ha ha, you had me going for awhile and I don't like murder mysteries, so I was getting a little worried! BUT, I loved playing Clue, as a kid, and these are just great! Lezlee

Lisa said...

Kathy,
Very clever post! I want those tin types! Clue was my very favorite game, I never lost! I was always Miss Scarlet of course. I'll have to check out the sari silk ribbon, love that stuff. Lisa

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Youre a witty one!You had me for a minute.

Anonymous said...

Many happy hours spent playing Clue!

My house still uses a skeleton key for the main door. I should probably try to find a spare.