Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Before E - Except in Budweiser

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ALCOHOL.
So...I'm still working on things for the upcoming craft show.  I made more necklaces and I'm not sure how thrilled I am with them.  I love little houses.  I thought these bits from Tim Holtz's Idea-Ology would make good roofs.
And they DID!

 I made
 the Love Shack.  
I have it displayed on a wine bottle. 
 Love Shack.  Wine Bottle.  Get it?? 
I just amuse the heck out of myself some days. 
 It's pretty kitschy, though.  
Hence, the naming The LURVE Shack (said with attitude)
Then I made this.
It's not right.
The jingle bell is too big.
The red and green appendage...well...it just ain't natural.
I put it away.
I got it out this morning. 
 Laughed myself silly at how ridiculous it looked.
Then I changed it up.
To this:
Smaller bells.
Smaller dangly bit.
Better.
I'm still not sure that I just love it.
My daughter says it's "almost."
Then because I have alcohol ink still out on the counter
I did this:
This was a hideous gold color. 
 It was part of a crazy pair of earrings that I somehow acquired.
I covered it in alcohol ink.
That stuff sticks to anything with a hard surface.
You can recolor anything metal.
It's great fun!
I added this piece to it.
And these pieces.
These things look like snails.
They are busted bits of jewelry.
I ended up with this:
I think it's kind of spiffy.  
The ultimate in recycling.
Or bad taste.
If I pop open that bottle of wine,
it may start to look better.


8 comments:

Prior said...

Katy, I think these are great, really don't sell yourself short. THEY ARE GREAT! I think the little bit you added to the second ones roof, really balanced it off. I love them! Lezlee

Createology said...

Your creative eye is really working well. I love your little houses. The recycled heart is perfect. Happy creating...

indozine said...

very good!
keep it up n_n!

Cameron said...

Oooo...so cute! I've been into houses, too! Did a whole mixed media neighborhood recently and would love to do more!

You are so creative...would never thought of making house pendants...they are great! The redo is much better, I agree :)

Your recycled heart makes me want to send you all my jewelry bit s and pieces...I think they could finally be put to good use in your capable hands :)

fairyrocks said...

You make me LOL. Thanks
I liked the shack both ways...but I do
understand that size matters ;o)

Terri Kahrs said...

I think your new creation is lovely!!! And I adore those soldered pendants!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Into Vintage said...

Wow - you're making some crazy beautiful pieces. I am in lurve with the houses. And that's not the wine talking.

Suz said...

Two great pieces!
Hugs,
Suz