Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I wandered up to the antique store the other day.
  I was searching for something unusual.
I found it.
An  old post office  box with keys attached.
I opened the box and inside was something glowing.
It appeared to be a bottle!
It was a bottle alright.
With all kinds of tiny charms hanging on it.
One resembled a pumpkin. 
 It was a tiny orange bead 
with what looked to be a beaded twisted vine.
The top had been soldered closed and tied up
with old waxed cord of some kind.
There was a tiny clock charm and,
a tiny leaf charm.

I hung it from an old wine bottle
to get a better look.
The label had writing on it.
In tiny print under the number was hand written
these words:
glass slipper
I moved it over on a doily where the light was better.
Looking closely I could see glass shards inside the bottle!
And
The tiniest amount of sparkling glitter.


Do you suppose?
Could it be true?
What do you think?
Could it be the last remaining bits of
Cinderella's slipper?

It's for sale in my Etsy shop, now.

1 comment:

Terri Kahrs said...

Pure magic!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo