Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Whiter Shade of Pale

We skipped the light fantastic, turned cartwheels on the floor  (Procol Harem)

I have skipped the light fantastic.  But honestly, I've never been able to do cartwheels.
Besides, I'm pretty sure this song was more about doing drugs than cartwheels.
 Another one of those songs that I understand a lot less now that I'm older.
 Beautiful tune - weird lyrics. But a great song.

I'm newly inspired by it and this new white kit by Holliewood Studios.

I've been playing with this new digi-kit  Stark.
Everything is white and it's been a lot of fun as well as challenging to create with.

As always, click on the picture if you want to see more detail.

Water Landing



The Great White


Heart Ache


Can I Keep It?

4 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Kathy, these are FABULOUS!!! I've always loved "Whiter Shade of Pale", and what an impact to see white on white on white! Love them all, but "Heart Ache" is especially striking with that touch of red. Stunning! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Cher' Shots said...

Very interesting. I'm intriqued. I may have to start dabbling again myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I always loved the song "Whiter Shade of Pale"! Like you, I have no idea what it meant, but I loved the music and they lyrics. And this is just wonderful, Kathy! Enjoyed seeing what you've been up to.

I know one thing I've been up to, and that is doing the happy dance. Mr. Magpie brought my present with him this weekend to St. Augustine, and I did a MAJOR happy dance! I have been here this week, and he had been in a trial at home. So I eagerly waited for him to join me, and he came bearing your wonderful gifts! Oh, I am on Cloud Nine! There will be a thank you post, and I just can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your kindness. The presentation said it ALL! Many, many thanks for making my MONTH. And my birthday is coming up next week, so this was perfect timing. It's an early birthday gift! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Róisín said...

They're amazing! You really are a talented little madam, aren't you.