Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair



Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"
(Scott McKenzie)

Look at these gorgeous hats I found at an estate sale last weekend.
The prices were ever so cheap, too.  That doesn't happen much anymore.
I love this nifty-roo cardboard box.  It has little drawers that I can pack with all of the treasures I've been accumulating.  The only problem is then I forget what I have.  Although the joy of that is 
it's such a complete surprise when I rediscover them 
when opening the adorable little drawers!



This briefcase is just pretty darn cool.  
My husband said, "How many suitcases do you need?" 
after I showed it to him.
Silly, silly man.  That question is totally meaningless and irrelevant.





Gorgeous winter white ribbon.  Some of it was velvet, and some of it was a heavy satin. 
 I also found a nice bit of Tiffany blue double sided satin ribbon.
I adore old ribbon.  The texture now-a-days is not as lush and dense.
Eeeps....my grandmother's voice just crept up through my throat
and escaped out of my mouth before I could snatch it back!!
This is an old copper clock face.  I also adore old clocks.  Clocks and watches are my  obsession.  I think it's because I feel a sense of time closing in as the years tick-tock quickly by.
Time is too slow for those who wait...  
Oh dear, now I'm channeling "It's A Beautiful Day." 
 Does anyone but me even remember that musical group?? 
 I did love that album cover art though.
Click on this link if you want to hear their song White Bird.

This is a bad resolution but it is the album cover.

Funny story about this album.  
My husband loves Elvis. Songs with meaning.  You know.
 I loved this album and songs with odd lyrics!
I had it on the s-t-e-r-e-o (remember those) playing one night 
when he was over at my apartment.  
I was listening to "The Girl With No Eyes."
With the blankest look on his face he said,
"Are they saying the girl with no eyes?"
Yes.  Yes they were.  
I'm telling you, they don't make ribbon like that now-a-days 
and they don't write music like that either.
The ribbon I miss.  Some of the lyrics....are highly suspect!
One last bit of 70's memorabilia for you.
I got this for free at the estate sale!


Yup.  It's going inside of my bug.
Stay away from girls with no eyes
and be sure that you wear
some flowers in your hair!

4 comments:

Honey Lamb and I said...

LoL! Sometimes the hubbies just don't get it! ;) I love all your finds and especially the millinery on those awesome hats! ~Shelley O.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Susan said...

Nice hats, and of course I want that ribbon!

AlphaBetsy said...

I adore those fantastic hats!!! What a lucky find