Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This




Here are a couple of very pretty valentines I received for my birthday last October.

I edited the photos a wee bit in Photoshop.















I was looking for my box of old valentines this past week.  I stumbled upon these.  They are not what I was looking for but boy oh boy, did they bring back memories.  You see, when I was a kid in the 60's these are the valentines we used to give out at school.  I would take my homemade valentine box chuck full of these treasures home.  I'd dump them out on the floor underneath the piano (don't ask why I liked to sit underneath the piano, I have NO idea) and sort them out.  Then I'd play with them like paper dolls.  Making up stories and outfitting the pretty girl valentines with dresses I made out of paper, stickers and bits of lace lifted from my mom's sewing basket.  These aren't as beautiful as the old Victorian valentines but they sure are full of sweet little memories.











I would've had these two get married.














The happy couple would have a dog...

















and a cat.



And...


a....















hippo???!?














Of course, they would have traveled by rocket.

Well - it WAS the 60's!

And I had a very active imagination.

They would eat off of fine china that they purchased from IKEA.  Oh.  Wait.   There was no IKEA in Missouri in the 1960's.
Well, anyway this one's just darn cute. Kind of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast.  That is,  if you like anthropomorphic cupcakes and dishes.


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.  Make lots of memories.



1 comment:

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Valentine wishes to you too! Love seeing the valentines from our childhood. Thanks for visiting and check back soon for my 200th post Giveaway! M.