Blog Banner

The blog banner was made with elements from Lorie Davison. The nail head is Mo Jackson, the white rabbit and the key is Tangie Baxter. The butterflies are from Katie Pertiet.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas! Say Cheese!



Just a quick Merry Christmas to everyone!  My husband bought me a lovely new camera for Christmas.  I am obviously still taking blurry photos.

I need practice.

The software is a pain.

The 6 year old computer is a pain.

Technology in general is a pain.

My 53 year old brain is a pain.

BUT...

It is Christmas.  And the camera is lovely.  AND I'm not  stuck on I-35 in a blizzard in Oklahoma like some of my family members.  I did not eat white bread toast for Christmas dinner in a motel on the side of I-35 because of the blizzard like some of my family members did.




We are safe at home and are heading out to see the chipmunk movie.

Because my husband wants to.

And my daughter wants to.

Me?  I'd rather look at Robert Downey Jr. for 2 hours in the new Sherlock Holmes movie.

But it's Christmas.  We are happy, healthy and safe.  Sane?  Not so much.

But 3 out of 4 ain't bad!  (with apologies to Meatloaf)

Merry Christmas and may God bless.

4 comments:

Into Vintage said...

Sounds like you had a Merry Christmas! What kind of camera?

Susan said...

A new camera.......wow! What a guy to buy you just what you wanted! Looks like it does a very nice job.

Queen Bee said...

Congrats on the new camera! And I hope your family all made it safe and sound over the holidays. And by the way Robert Downey Jr...that would have been my choice too...Wishing you a very blessed new year!

Denise

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've not been to see Sherlock yet, but am looking forward to it! I think I'll take a pass on Alvin though.

Have you tried Picassa or Picnik editing? Those have totatlly changed my pictures. And I have never really figured out my new camera, I just point and shoot, then edit the photo to pieces.